Friday, June 6, 2008

Because of Winn-Dixie

Now that was a GOOD movie, I think.

I was power shopping with my coupons at Target and stumbled upon a rack of movies. I wound up getting 3. I messed up my plan- but since a friend recently pointed out that " couponing is like crack," you can see how it happened.
I have been on the search for " How to Eat Fried Worms" and no one has it- no one. Best Buy said I can order it online. Phooey.
Lo and behold the worm movie is on that rack- the $7.50 rack too! I give that movie to the three year old who starts exclaiming, " I love this, I love this!" and I get two more finds- "Ant Bully" and " Because of Winn-Dixie."

I know nothing of the latter two, but I am getting so tired of " Chocket Factee" ( Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) that Chuck is about to visit the Hector the Garbage Collector.

I watched most of Winn-Dixie, that is if you count three minute increments every 5 minutes or so.
Strangely enough- the main charcter, um, " Opal" yeah. Is "Violet" from " Chocket Factee."
But she is really good in this one, and the story line is good too.
Dad is a preacher- mom is M.I.A., ten-ish yr old girl has no friends in their new town. She makes friends with all the outcast towns people. The wierd pet -shop guy ( Dave Matthews) and the lady everyone thinks is a witch.
But in the end- she brings them all together because of what she learns from them. Oh yeah, andd there is a dog named Winn-Dixie. I will have to watch it in full and get back to ya on that. But it is good- honest.

No comments: